CFNEM awards Community Impact grants
ALPENA–The Community Foundation for Northeast Michigan (CFNEM) recently awarded a new round of Community Impact grants totaling $94,906. Community Impact grants are:
1) Alcona Baby Pantry: $2,000 for Safety in High Chairs and Strollers project.
2) County of Alcona: $5,000 for 23rd District Court and 81st District Drug and Sobriety Court Aftercare Support project.
3) Inspiration Alcona: $4,000 for the 2020 Alcona Small Farm Conference project.
4) Inspiration Alcona: $1,000 for the Harrisville Pocket Park project.
5) Alcona Historical Society: $1,500 for the Cabin Fever Historical Presentations project.
6) Hubbard Lake Bible Church: $1,000 for the Sunrise Community Food Pantry — Feeding the Hungry project.
7) Northeast Michigan Community Partnership: $2,332 for the Caring for Children Who Have Experienced Trauma Course.
8) Sanborn Township: $3,500 for Sanborn Township Volunteer Fire Department Jaws of Life project.
9) Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative: $3,000 for the Youth Empowered to Change Their World project.
10) Northeast Michigan Council of Governments: $3,000 for the New Alpena Material Recovery Facility (MRF) Assessment project.
11) All Saints Catholic Schools: $3,028 for the Salmon in the Classroom/Sturgeon in the Classroom project.
12) Alpena & Presque Isle Child Abuse and Neglect Team: $4,110 for the Child, Health, and Safety Parent Education.
13) Muscular Dystrophy Association: $1,000 for the 2020 MDA Summer Camp Program.
14) Presque Isle Township Fire Department: $3,836 for the Ice Rescue Fund project.
15) Rogers City Area Schools: $1,000 for the Sensory Room project.
16) Cheboygan, Otsego, Presque Isle Educational Service District: $2,000 for the Talking is Teaching project.
17) Posen Consolidated School District: $1,000 for the ELA Textbooks for High Schools Students project.
18) Rogers City Area Schools District: $4,000 for the Weight Room project.
19) Department of Health and Human Services (Alpena/Montmorency): $2,000 for the Foster Home/Relative Caregiver Safety Kit Project.
20) The Village of Hillman: $2,500 for the Emerick Park Spring Riders project.
21) Hillman Area Senior Center: $4,700 for the Furnace Replacement project.
22) Great Lakes Lore Inc.: $2,000 for the Protective Side Curtains for the Steam Launch.
23) St. Peter Lutheran Church: $1,000 for the Carpet Replacement project.
24) Alpena Community College–Alpena Volunteer Center: $1,000 for the Alpena Volunteer Center Website 2020 Program.
25) Alpena Public Schools: $3,400 for the Alpena High Freshman Connection Program.
26) Alpena Public Schools: $2,500 for the One District One Book Program.
27) Alpena Public Schools: $2,500 for the Special Education Daily Living Class “Campus Grounds” Transition Skills, Student-Run, Coffee Bar Program.
28) Alpena Youth Center doing business as Alpena Childcare & Development Center: $4,000 for the Infant Playground project.
29) Besser Museum for Northeast Michigan: $3,500 for the Full Dome Digital Documentary of WWII: Besser Museum/ACC Collaboration Program.
30) District Health Department #4: $3,500 for the Girls on the Run Sunrise Side project.
31) First Congregational United Church of Christ: $1,000 for the Alpena Re-Charter of Scouts BSA Troop 78/Cub Scout Pack 3078 project.
32) Friends of the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary: $2,500 for the 20th Anniversary TBNMS Lecture & Cinema Series project.
33) Multi-Purpose Arena Coalition DBA Northern Lights Arena: $3,000 for the Operation Brain Bucket Program.
34) Northern Michigan Center for Fine Arts (Art in the Loft): $2,000 for the R.E.A.C.H. (Recognize Everyone’s Abilities and Creative Hearts) project.
35) Northeast Michigan TNR (Trap, Neuter, and Return): $2,000 for the TNR Alpena, Montmorency, Presque Isle, and Alcona project.
36) Sunrise Mission Inc.: $3,000 for the Education Center project.
37) Thunder Bay Folk Society: $2,500 for the Thunder Bay Folk Festival project.
Community Impact grants are awarded at CFNEM through two different grant cycles throughout the year. For granting purposes, the Community Endowment Fund consists of the General Endowment Fund, Genite Family Fund, Chuck and Kathy Ingle Fund, Lappan Fund, Neva Nelson Memorial Fund, Panel Processing Fund, Pfeiffenberger Fund, Reitz Family Fund, Stevens Fund, Weinkauf Fund, and the Wilson Family Fund. Additional funds supporting grants for this cycle include the Ann M. Kuntz Fund, Mr. and Mrs. O.B. Eustis Memorial Fund, Montmorency County General Fund, Wayne Wire Cloth Fund, Alcona General Fund, Presque Isle General Fund, Huron Shores Health Fund and the Spendable Tobacco Fund.