Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

Michigan man hospitalized after welding explosion

August 25, 2014
Associated Press

ORLEANS TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — A Grand Rapids-area man has been hospitalized after his welding project on top of an oil drum caused an explosion.

Orleans Township Fire Chief Leslie Doty tells the Grand Rapids Press (http://bit.ly/1tAuM0q ) the man was trying to build a lawn roller Sunday and was welding on a 55-gallon drum in his garage.

Doty says sparks from welding ignited fuel residue in the drum, which caused the explosion. The top of the barrel flew through the wooden garage.

The man was burned on his arms and face. He extinguished a small fire on the garage door before authorities arrived.

He was taken to an area hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.

___

Information from: The Grand Rapids Press, http://www.mlive.com/grand-rapids

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web