* A non-profit organization founded by siblings Anne Bastow Heraghty and Joe Bastow
* Purpose: To promote literacy and celebrate literacy. To establish Alpena as a hub in Northeast Michigan for performance and workshops highlighting poetry, fiction, memoirs and other writing possibilities.
* Founded: In August 2013
* Named in memory of Susan Lane Bastow, a strong supporter of the arts in Alpena
sponsored by the
* April 17 Four students in grades six through 12 cash given awards for the first Youth Poetry Prize. In addition, four other students received certificates for honorable mention and all shared their work in the Thunder Bay Great lakes Heritage Center theatre.
* April 12 Anne Bastow Heraghty participated in a launch of the Winter/Spring 2014 issue of Dunes Review in Traverse City, in which she had two poems published.
* April 10 Roughly 50 people came to Fletcher Street Brewery to celebrate Michigan poets during National Poetry Month. Attendees heard original works from local poets as well as pieces from the well-known read by poetry enthusiasts.
* Aug. 7 Second annual North45east Poetry Reading from 6-8 p.m. at Art in the Loft. Event will feature award-winning poets, poetry readings, catered food, wine and live music.