ALPENA - The Alpena Regional Medical Center Board of Trustees approved the ratification of the Local 204 Contract in a closed session at its board meeting Tuesday. The new contract represents about 300 staff throughout the hospital in departments such as radiology, medical records, the business office, dietary, environmental services, plant operations, and others at ARMC.
"We are pleased to have a new contract in place and appreciate the negotiation team's hard work and dedication to our patients," Diane Shields, vice president of human resources and support services, said.
During the regular meeting, the board approved spending $1,108,242 on a storage area network management information system to encompass all the memory that stores programs and data on the hospitals computer systems.
"We need to update, upgrade and add memory," George Smart, vice president for finance and information systems, said. "We'll save over $200,000 right out of the gate and fix our cost over the next five years."
They also approved spending $239,417 on an API time and attendance consolidation project.
"This is a replacement of the time keeping system for our employees. It will eliminate a lot of the manual things we are constantly doing," Shields said. "Instead of manually filling out a time sheet, it will all be automated."
The board accepted the financial information for March, with good inpatient volumes, but a decrease in inpatient surgical volume. Net patient revenue was 3.9 percent short of planned, with operations generating revenue over expense of $130,542, which was $156,197 below the planned excess revenue. Added with non-operating revenue, net excess revenue over expenses was $219,387.
In other business, the board approved the following clinicians:
* Bruce Ohmart, MD, as an orthopaedic surgeon, Michael Paulsell, MD, as a general surgeon, Joseph Houle, MD, as a pathologist, Brian Hanna, DO, as a general surgeon, Jeff Dombroski, MD, as an orthopaedic surgeon, Michael Sonnenberg, MD, as a radiologist and James Weeks, MD, as a radiologist have all been reappointed to active medical staff and assigned to the Department of Surgery
* Lee Britton, MD, as a general surgeon and G. Donald Ohmart, MD, as an otolaryngologist have been reappointed to community affiliate staff and assigned to the Department of Surgery
* J. Meenakshi Pandit, MD, Arjun Kalyanpur, MD, Angali Agrawal, MD, Manohar Aribandi, MD, Bharath Chinta, MD and Stephen Eigles, MD - teleradiologists are reappointed to consulting staff and assigned to the department of surgery
* Tina Hahn, MD, pediatrician is appointed to provisional staff
* Klaudia Hunter, MD, radiation oncologist has been appointed to locum tenens staff.
Nicole Grulke can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 358-5687. Follow Nicole on Twitter @ng_alpenanews.