| || |
October 27, 2008 - Diane Speer
I just spent the entire afternoon proofing most of the recipes for our upcoming Holiday Dessert Cookbook, and I have to say, my mouth is definitely watering. Every time we do a cookbook here at The Alpena News, I end up wanting to try many of the recipes at home. My co-workers in the newsroom have suggested that I try EVERY single recipe and bring the finished products into work for sampling, so that they can be the official taste-testers. So far, I haven’t taken them up on the suggestion. However, here’s a few of the cookbook recipes that I may just have to make on my own:
* Lemon Tea Bread, submitted by Helen Campbell of Alpena. Not only do the ingredients sound yummy in this bread, but the recipe appears fairly simple.
* Peanut Butter Pie, submitted by Beryle Prittie of Ossineke. I’m a big fan of Peanut Butter Pie, and the combination of ingredients in this one appears to be a sure winner.
* 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake, submitted by Annie Martin of Ossineke. For chocolate lovers, what could be better? Add a few ingredients to mug, mix and microwave. In 5 minutes flat, you can have your cake and eat it too!
* Banana Lovers Cake, submitted Kerrie Miller of Alpena. I’ve actually sampled this one firsthand, since Kerrie is in my Book Club and she fixed it as a dessert for one of our gatherings. I already know going into it that this one is delicious.
* Cherry Almond Mousse Pie, submitted by Corinne Schaedig of Alpena. Like the Peanut Butter Pie, the combination of ingredients just sounds like a can’t miss recipe.
Now that all the recipes are in and typed, we are getting ready for the production end of the cookbook, and are planning to have everything completed in time for the Christmas holiday. The cookbooks will be inserted in the newspaper for all of our subscribers. Those who don’t subscribe to the paper, can still pick up a copy at The Alpena News office where they will be for sale. Trust me....you are going to want a copy of this one!
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment
News, Blogs & Events Web